Hiring Organization / Company: Diy Media Group Inc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Print Shop Machine Operator ($15+ per hour)
Looking for a promising career in light manufacturing and printing? Have a passion for creativity and problem solving? DIY Media Group, which includes industry-leading brands like Disc Makers & BookBaby, is looking for Book and Packaging Printing, Bindery, & Converting Machine Operators who will take pride in producing a high quality product for our customers. We are a forward-thinking self-publishing company that helps musicians, authors, filmmakers, and businesses be successful by manufacturing high quality CDs, DVDs, and books right here in the Philadelphia area (Pennsauken, NJ). To make sure we attract the best and brightest talent we have created one of the best places to work in South Jersey: Air conditioned factory, competitive pay, and a 401K plan with a company match. Perhaps best of all, we work hard at creating a positive workplace where you can be heard, where you can grow, and where you can make a difference.
Learning and growing is an intricate part of our culture. The print production team is committed to encouraging new ideas and different points of view. Our challenging, fast paced work environment brings out the best in our staff and the managers help learn and grow.
We love hiring candidates who are smart, ambitious, communicate well, with the ability to balance the hustle needed to get the work out on time with the detail orientation needed to get every job 100% right. If that’s you, we want to talk to you, and we’ll help you grow!
We are recruiting for multiple operators with varying experience and encourage both entry level & experienced print operators to apply.
Why should you want to work here?
- We were recognized by the Philadelphia Inquirer as a 2020 Philly Top Workplace!
- We don’t just recite our values, we live them.
- We encourage employees to make a positive impact through participation in committees such as DICE (Diversity, Inclusion, Change & Equity), community engagement, safety and quality.
- We offer some of the best medical plans and rates compared to industry and regional benchmarks. We also offer dental and free life and disability insurance, and we’ll match 25% of your 401(k) contribution, too!
- We believe in work-life balance by providing employees with PTO.
Check out our book printing team in action!
Schedule: 2nd (Monday - Friday, 2 PM - 10 PM) or 3rd Shift (Sunday - Thursday, 10 PM - 6 AM)
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You’ll operate automated (and sometimes semi-automated) printing, bindery and converting equipment that produces CDs & DVDs packages, books, and other products. This can include startup and shutdown at beginning and end of shift, materials loading, and full responsibility to ensure 100% quality accuracy.
- You will perform basic machine upkeep and light maintenance, including replacing routine parts, cleaning and vacuuming equipment, and ensuring that the machine is safe to operate.
- You’ll follow established best practices and standard work that you’ve been taught for each specific task to make sure we meet productivity, efficiency, quality, and safety standards.
- We rely on you to make suggestions on how to improve our safety, quality, and on-time delivery, and look forward to your proactive participation.
- Reliability and punctuality are critically important: you must want to come to work every day, and be on time for work and meetings.
- You must be a good communicator and be willing to maintain a respectful, professional, and effective working relationship with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Printing (HP Indigo, Xerox, Konica Minolta) experience is a plus.
- Horizon Bindery Equipment (BQ480, HT-1000, SmartStacker) or perfect binding equipment experience is a plus.
- Polar Cutting Equipment (Polar 78N) or perfect binding equipment experience is a plus.
- If you have a sharp mind, good eye for detail, and positive attitude we are willing to train you in what you need to know.
- You must be able to understand and follow verbal and written work instructions and be able to accurately count product.
- We cross-train extensively, and the products we make vary greatly. Therefore you must be flexible and willing to work assignments that maybe outside the normal (day-to-day) routine. That flexibility also extends to a willingness to work overtime when we have a need.
- If you are mechanically inclined and can work with tools, that is a huge plus.
- Must be able to stand for much of your shift – up to 10 hours.
- Some responsibilities require seated work.
- You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry it short distances. While rare, there may be times where you need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. above shoulder height.
Please note: To be considered for employment, you must complete all application questions that are marked as required fields.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law applicant.
Please review our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Job Location Information:
Location: Pennsauken, Nj 08110
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs this present day. Typically, you will have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide crucial coaching, assets, and systems for job seekers. These corporations can be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areaought to discover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end purpose for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into a long lasting task for the people who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.