Hiring Organization / Company: Penn State University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Prepare food items to be served such as, salad dressing, salads, vegetables, condiments, muffins, baked goods, sauces, sandwiches, wraps, fruit, yogurt and pudding parfaits, sushi, hard boiled eggs and other simple menu items as directed
- Follow simple recipes in cooking or preparing ingredients for all of the above
- Set up and check dishes, utensils, signs, condiments, etc. for serving lines and food bars according to menu
- Maintain quality, freshness and cleanliness of food bars, condiments, dessert stations and the areas in which they are served
- Check products to ensure they meet established standards of appearance, quality and portion size
- Replace all products that do not meet standards
- Set up food displays and props/decorations for daily service and special events
- Work on serving counter and food stations as required
- Be knowledgeable about daily menus and recipe ingredients
- Ensure correct portion size is distributed
- Move food to and from serving counter and food bars as required
- Replenish and rotate stock in merchandiser displays and on food bars to maintain quality and freshness
- Maintain food service records
- Monitor food volume prepared and leftovers at end of meal
- Operate and clean equipment such as, mixer, chopper, cutter, meat/cheese slicer, can opener, under-counter dish machine, toaster, blender, pasta cooker, rice cooker, fryer, coffee brewer, convection oven, etc.
- Clean refrigerator, tables, sinks and pans
- Clean work area and equipment and ensure general cleanliness and sanitation by following established guidelines to ensure proper food safety and sanitation
- Monitor food temperatures and make adjustments as necessary; maintain accurate temperature logs when required
- Instruct part-time employees when necessary
- Sort and restock laundry or linen as needed
- Clean floors, carpets and stairs by sweeping, wet and dry mopping, or vacuuming as instructed
- Perform periodic and special cleaning duties as required
- Take orders and ring up sales on cash register as necessary
- Make change as required
Job Requirements: Requires the use of commercial English, grammar and arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams, together with the use of adjustable measuring instruments, graduates and the like requiring interpretation in their various applications; or the posting, preparation, interpretation, use and checking of reports, forms, records and comparable data. Up to and including 3 months of effective experience.
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Friday 10:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Days Off: Sunday, Monday
Finance and Business is committed to fostering workplace climates where employees feel valued, appreciated, and respected. Further, Finance and Business operates under the ideal that valuing the dignity and respect for all persons is paramount to ensuring our operational success. More information on Finance and Business' commitment statement to Diversity and Inclusion can be found by visiting https://fandb.psu.edu/finance - and - business - diversity - statement . Additionally, more information about Penn State's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion can be found by visiting http ://equity.psu.edu/psu - diversity - statement .
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Job Location Information:
Location: Media, Pa
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you are going to have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a number of other folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center will also be easy if you realize the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and regularly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide very important training, property, and methods for task seekers. These corporations will also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The end purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who perform smartly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.