Hiring Organization / Company: Widener University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Work type: Full-time non-exempt
Categories: Support Staff (Non-Exempt)
Widener University is currently seeking a Campus Safety Officer to join our 2nd shift team. Campus Safety Officers are responsible for ensuring the safety and general well being of all University community members, safe-guarding university property and enforcing university policies and rules. Emphasis will be on fostering good community relations and providing professional service. Officers must conduct themselves in a professional manner and display courtesy to all individuals with whom they have contact.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The division of Campus Safety holds a deep commitment to an inclusive culture that supports the work of faculty and staff members across the institution, and works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to facilitate that commitment. Faculty and staff are active participants in our work to enhance diversity, equity, & inclusion, including representation on the Faculty Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and the Diversity Leadership and Inclusion Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Officers are assigned to a specific shift. Primary type of patrol is foot patrol (which requires officers to walk for their shift) across the University, throughout buildings, University properties and any designated area. These shifts average 8-10 hours and are outdoors. Officers will have a specific area of assignment.
- Other types of patrols in a patrol area are vehicle patrol, parking lot, residence halls, main office or other assignments as directed by supervisors. Every officer will perform every type of patrol based on assignment by supervisor.
- Officers will respond to all calls for service in a professional and timely manner, perform an initial investigation, if necessary, and work to resolve the situation.
- Officer will patrols university building and grounds; examines entrances, windows and internal doors to determine that they are secure.
- Officers will ensure that facilities are opened for business and closed for business at designated times.
- Officers will build positive relationships with University community members and groups.
- Respond to reports of irregularities such as fire hazards, facilities/mechanical malfunctions, physical altercations, accidents and criminal activities. Notifies dispatcher if police, fire or ambulance units are required.
- Assists supervisors in campus safety investigations.
- Prepares reports accurately and objectively detailing incidents on campus.
- Escorts university community members to/from buildings and parking lots.
- Provides emergency transportation for university community.
- Issues verbal warning, parking tickets, and will immobilize vehicle upon supervisor approval.
- Interact with local and state police officials.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Flexibility to work additional shifts as needed or required, including but not limited to the Safety office on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a customer service or security related field.
- Valid driver's license
- Must have the ability to interact professionally with the public.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check to include the PA Criminal PA Child Abuse and FBI.
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Previous law enforcement, military, campus or public safety experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down steps both inside and outside of buildings.
- Ability to walk outdoors in your assigned area in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time both inside and outside of buildings.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
Qualified candidates must submit resume for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Job Location Information:
Location: Chester, Pa 19013
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Generally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and regularly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide essential coaching, assets, and systems for activity seekers. Those firms may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little working experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top purpose for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into an enduring job for the individuals who carry out neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.