Hiring Organization / Company: Volpe Enterprises, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Volpe Enterprises, Inc. is a family owned and operated company founded on our motto: Quality, Honesty and Integrity. Following this motto has led us to be successful in our industry since 1970. The Accounting Assistant position offers you the opportunity to build your career and continue to develop your accounting and professional skills with a well-established company.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage coding and processing of vendor invoices in third-party processor system
- Coordinate with Project Managers and supervisors on invoice approvals and processing
- Post general expense items to QuickBooks and prepare disbursements
- Pay vendors by verifying transaction information and preparing disbursements of funds
- Manage and maintain filing system for A/P and other expense related documents
- Perform monthly reconciliations of credit card and material vendor accounts
- Assist in answering accounting inquiries from vendors, clients, and other team members
- Maintain and ensure vendors are in compliance with appropriate insurances and licenses
- Cross train and assist in supporting the functions of other members of the department
- Perform other related duties as required
- Help staff company sponsored community and charity events when necessary
- Associate's degree is preferred but not required
- 1+ year(s) of Accounts Payable and general bookkeeping experience
- Some general knowledge of QuickBooks software and MS Office Suite (Word & Excel)
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to prioritize and multi-task with good time-management skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Plans
- Company sponsored Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time off including major holidays and floating holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Location Information:
City: North Wales
Location: North Wales, Pa 19454
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs these days. Usually, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a few folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if you understand the place to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and regularly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply important coaching, assets, and techniques for job seekers. Those firms will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to discover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out neatly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.